Raised By The Fork: My 5 Favorite Things To Do In Chattanooga

Andy + Claire Chattanooga

This was written June 3, 2015, by Director of Operations Claire Crowell in her blog Raised by the Fork.

I wrote about Chattanooga back in October 2014 when we first announced that we would be opening a Puckett’s there. We’ve been driving to Chattanooga for mini vacations since I was a kid. In high school, we went down annually for soccer and track state championships. When my younger brother Cliff enrolled at University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, the trip became more of a regular thing. Now that we’re anxiously awaiting the opening of Puckett’s Chattanooga, I started thinking: what are my favorite things to do in the River City? It’s full of hidden gems that I’m continuously picking up on, but what I really wanted to do here was put together a list of things I do nearly every time I have more than a few hours in Chatt-town.

Claire’s Five Chattanooga Favorites:

1. Walk Walnut Street Pedestrian BridgeI love that Chattanooga is such a connected and walkable city. It just makes it feel more inviting. For something free and fun (and active) to do, I always try to take a walk across the Tennessee River on the Walnut Street Pedestrian Bridge. Fun fact: it’s one of the longest pedestrian bridges in the world! P.S. there’s some great shopping on the other side.

2. Sip at Rembrandt’s Coffee House. Rembrandt’s is a French-inspired coffee shop located in the Bluff View Art District. You feel like you’ve transported to a little slice of Europe as you sip on your coffee and enjoy their delicious and beautiful house-made chocolates and pastries.

Read the rest of the post here.

image3

Dos And Don’ts Of Summer Patio Perchin’

The sun is shining, flowers are bloomin’, birds are chirpin’ and it’s finally warm enough to enjoy it all on a patio near you. We love our outside seating at Puckett’s—Boat House, downtown Franklin, 5th & Church and soon-to-be Chattanooga all have outdoor dining options—and we want to spread some #PuckettsLove by making sure y’all do too!

Here are some dos and don’ts to follow for the best patio-sittin’ experience:

1. DO order anything off the menu that is season-specific. Made to compliment the hot days of spring + summer or the colder days of fall + winter, it’ll be fresh + oh-so tasty, we promise.
  2. DON’T forget your sunscreen! We don’t want you to leave lookin’ like a lobster and we know you certainly don’t. Bring your sunglasses too ‘cause nothing is worse than squintin’ your way to a headache.
  3. DO know the restaurant’s policy on dogs. If dogs are allowed on a patio, make sure yours is well-behaved and friendly.
  4. DON’T be that person. Y’all all know who we’re talkin’ about here. Be conscientious of your table-neighbors. Don’t blow smoke in their direction, shout your conversations, etc. Be the Southern ladies & gentlemen we know y’all are.
  5. DO get to know a little bit about your servers. Everyone has a story & voice. Hearing some of theirs might make your day even better!
  6. DON’T be afraid to try something new. We know, we know… Why would you try something new when you already have somethin’ you love? But branch out, y’all. The new item you order could blow your old favorite out of the water. Don’t knock it till ya try it!

It’s time to soak up the sun, y’all, and enjoy some Southern cookin’ patio-style!

image2

11162080_976444395701425_4600255898874775352_n

image1

IMG_1951

Now At A Kroger Near You: Puckett’s Gift Cards

Y’all know we’re all about that #PuckettsLove, and now we’re spreading it to a Kroger near you! That’s right, folks: you can now buy Puckett’s gift cards—which can be used in all Puckett’s Gro. & Restaurant locations + Puckett’s Boat House—in dozens ‘n’ dozens of Kroger locations across Tennessee.

We’ve thought of a few times when you just might when to swing by a Kroger:

1. School’s out for summer! So whether you want to say, ‘Congrats!’ to a student who’s just completed their final exams (and no doubt worked up an appetite during those all-nighters) or you’re putting together a graduation gift basket, pick up a Puckett’s gift card.

2. Father’s Day is right around the corner (can y’all believe it?!) and we all know the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Pick up a Puckett’s gift card.

3. You’re making a quick trip to Kroger for milk and eggs when your stomach growls, and nothing sounds quite as good as a full plate of homemade Southern cookin’. Pick yourself up a Puckett’s gift card! #treatyoself

We’re still introducing these to different locations so if you don’t initially see Puckett’s gift cards on display…. ask the manager.

Happy gifting, y’all!

Raised By The Fork: Puckett’s Women Build :: Habitat For Humanity

This is written May 13, 2015, by Director of Operations Claire Crowell in her blog Raised by the Fork.

Habitat For Humanity

A couple of weeks ago, Puckett’s teamed up with our local Habitat for Humanity chapter to do a Women Build — a national program where women help raise money and build homes for other women. Habitat’s goal for this program is to engage more ladies and get them active on build sites, build their confidence, and learn new skills along the way. Our home build was in Fairview, TN, where they have already built almost an entire little neighborhood of Habitat homes.

I personally have never done anything like this, and I think it goes without saying it was so much fun! Our task for the day was to put up the siding, from start to finish. We got to cut the boards down to size, make the corner pieces, and put them all up.

Read the rest of the post here.

Columbia Launching “Untapped” Craft Beer Tasting Series

Puckett's Untapped

Calling all beer lovers! We’ve got some news that’s sure to make y’all veryyy hoppy (see what we did there?). 

Next Thursday, April 16 at 6:00 p.m., Puckett’s in downtown Columbia is launching “Untapped”– a monthly craft brew tasting series that’s for everyone, from the connoisseur to the novice!

Every third Thursday, guests will try five featured craft beers and enjoy an array of exclusively paired appetizers. Plus, you’ll learn a little somethin’ too–we’ve partnered with our friends over at Wild Hare Beer Co., a local brewery in Spring Hill that offers a variety of handcrafted ales, porters and stouts. An expert from their staff will be on hand at each Untapped event to educate y’all on the intricacies of craft brewing and the world of beer.

Our first tasting will explore brews that are infused with subtle, seasonal flavors including a dark stout from Tennessee Brew Works Country Roots, that finishes with notes of roasted local sweet potatoes and hints of coffee and dark chocolate. Abita Strawberry Harvest–an exceptional lager from Louisiana–will also be featured with a focus on its refreshingly fruity, springtime qualities.

Tickets are $15 per person and limited seating is available, so give us a call now to reserve your spot at (931) 490-4550! Learn more about Columbia’s Untapped tasting series by visiting their Facebook page at facebook.com/puckettscolumbia